Pork catchatory

Pork catachatory

I know, I know, I didn't spell it right, but then this isn't real cacciatore so i can spell it any way I want LOL.

I wanted something different the other night, so I decided to be creative. I'm still tweaking the recipe some, I'll add minced garlic next time around but here is what I did:

I diced some boneless pork into tiny bits and browned then in the frying pan. I covered the pan with the lid and let it cook on medium high for a bit to get some juices flowing. To that I added a medium walla walla sweet that was fine diced and continued to let it cook.

I had some leftover white zinfindel, about a cup's worth, so that went in, a,long with about 1/4 cup of water and I turned it down to low to simmer. I seasoned it with some kosher salt.

After about 1/2 hour or so I added 2 generous heaping tablespoons of tomato paste and mixed that in. I continued to taste and added more kosher salt if it needed more.

I finally got the art of cooking rice sticks (or noodles) so they are edible. I put the pot of water on to boil and once it started, turned off the heat and added the rice noodles and swirled them around. I set the timer for 15 minutes and let them sit, occasionally swirling them in the water.

Once the noodles were done, I drained them and added them back to the pot and then popped in 3 tablespoons of butter and let that melt over them. I plated the noodles, topped them wit the pork and sauce and topped that all with shredded Tillamook medium cheddar cheese.

Totally delish, tho hubby's suggestion of garlic next time around is a very good one to give it that extra bit of OOMPH!

Pork catchatory

Comments

Popular Posts