Veggie stir fry


Veggie stir fry
Originally uploaded by JeanC38

Who says vegetarian food can't be seriously yummy.

I am working on having a vegetarian meal for dinner at least twice a week and came up with this stir fry. As previously mentioned, Winco had a good deal on broccoli. I also grabbed some cauliflower for a couple meals.

Normally I use crimini mushrooms, but Winco had knocked a dollar off the price of the white mushrooms, so we went with those (tho I much prefer the criminis and when the price is equal, always get those).

I rough chopped the 'shrooms and cut up the broccoli and cauliflower. I had previously cut up a block of firm tofu and placed the slices between some paper towel and pressed the excess water out of it with some soup cans on a plate over them.

When I had everything ready, I broke out the wok and heated it up and added a bit of vegetable oil with some walnut oil added. I finished cutting the tofu into slivers and stir fried it in the oil in 2 batches. I put it aside in a bowl and sprinkled some soy sauce over it and let it sit.

I then put the mushrooms in to stir fry and when those were almost done, added the cauliflower and broccoli and stir fried those. When they were almost done, I added some minced garlic and then added back the tofu. I then added some oyster-flavored sauce and a bit of cornstarch and water to thicken everything.

I served it over brown rice I had cooked up a bit earlier.

Comments

Ann said…
This would probably be good if you like broccoli!
JeanC said…
Yup, esp when one discovers broccoli isn't supposed to be cooked to gray and limp. I loathed broccoli until I was in my mid 20s because all the broccoli my mom served was gray and limp. And cauliflower isn't supposed to be gray and mushy.

Popular Posts