Italian herbed chicken in mushroom sauce with potato pancakes

A simple lunch from leftovers.

I picked up some boneless chicken breasts for $1.99 a pound, so I took some and butterflied them and then pounded them flat.

Here is a tip, don't spend money on a meat mallet, instead go to your local hardware store and pick up a rubber mallet. Works just as well and is a lot cheaper.

I put the butterflied breasts between wax paper and went at it. I flattened them until they were half their original thickness. Then I seasoned them with Italian seasoning and layered them into the baking pan.

I sprinkled on some 10 year old balsamic vinegar and then spread a can of cream of mushroom soup on top.

Popped it into a 350F oven for 20 minutes to bake. When the timer alarm went off, I took the pan out, shuffled the chicken a bit to get them all coated with the mushroom soup and back in for another 20 minutes.

For dinner I served them in sesame hogie rolls for a nice meal. For lunch I paired the chicken with some potato pancakes I had leftover from a previous dinner.

Comments

Popular Posts