Elk & eggs

We were in the mood for steak and eggs for dinner the other night, but wanted something different. A friend gave us some elk stew meat, so I decided to see what I could come up with.

Started by cutting the bigger pieces smaller to make everything a bit more uniform and putting it in a ziplock:

Elk & eggs


I added balsamic vinegar (about 1/4 cup) and a good heaping tablespoon of minced garlic and let it all marinate for a couple of hours:

Elk & eggs


I heated up the cast iron skillet and added a bit of olive oil and browned the meat with some of the marinate and then into a hot oven (about 375F) where I had some fries baking for a side.

Elk & eggs


The elk cubes finished nicely in the oven and once done I fired up some eggs, made some thick gravy for the fries and we had a dinner that was delish and just different enough to make it special

Elk & eggs




Elk on Foodista

Comments

Popular Posts