Oven fried chicken strips

Hubby was wanting finger food the other day and we didn't feel like going to the store. I was already thawing out boneless, skinless chicken thighs for dinner (I knew we were doing chicken, just wasn't how I was going to do it and what I was serving it with), so a slight change in plans was not a problem.

I wasn't up for any frying or deep frying, so I decided I would oven fry them using cooking spray.

I started with cutting up the chicken:

chicstrips1


Then blending some flour with a bit of baking powder and ranch dressing mix (you can also use any seasonings you would like, salt and pepper being a nice basic seasoning):

chicstrips2


Toss the chicken strips in the mixture:

chicstrips3


Shake off the excess flour and place on a cooking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray:

chicstrips4


Spray the tops of the chicken strips with more cooking spray and pop into a 350F oven:

chicstrips5


Flip the strips over at least once during baking and bake until golden brown and delirious. Plate and serve with a dipping sauce, in this case we had honey mustard and ranch salad dressings:

Oven fried chicken strips


You can also use boneless, skinless chicken breasts if you prefer (we just like the flavor of thighs better).

Comments

Popular Posts