Whipped up pancakes


Been wanting to try my hand at buckwheat pancakes for a while and finally gave them a try today. Didn't really use a recipe,  I winged it.

1 cup buckwheat flour
1 cup brown rice flour
egg sub made from flax meal (equivalent to two eggs)
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp xanthum gum (couldn't find my baking powder)
2 tsp brown sugar
1 cup plain yogurt
water to right consistency

So, with the exceptions of the flours, all other measurements are a guess. Not sure if I needed the xanthum gum, but as I said, I couldn't find my baking powder, which I will use next time.

Mixed the dry ingredients, then added the flax meal egg sub, yogurt and then added the water a bit at a time to get the right consistency for the batter.

This recipe will make a lot of 3-4 inch pancakes, so I have some made for breakfast this week.

Hubby really liked them, tho would have like a little more sweetness. That can be solved with using syrup (which we really don't use much), jelly which hubby does like or using honey instead of the brown sugar and adding a bit more. Which I will do next time round.






Comments

Popular Posts