Instant Pot Lemon mustard chicken with brown rice.



Saw this recipe on the Instant Pot Facebook group I joined the other day (a dangerous group, my Pinterest pin button is going to get worn out LOL!). It sounded delish so I decided I had to try it tonight.

But alas, I don't have any potatoes on hand, so I decided to adapt it a bit for brown rice.

Since I was doing brown rice, I increased the liquid to 1 1/2 cup. I also decided I needed some garlic seasoning.

So:

8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons oil (used coconut oil tonight, tho I like olive oil)
1 1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 big dollops of Dijon mustard
2-3 tablespoons Italian seasoning
1 tablespoon garlic seasoning (Johnny's Garlic Caesar)
salt and pepper
1 cup brown rice

Got all my ingredients together and ready to go. I set up my Instant Pot and started with the saute function. When it was hot, I added the coconut oil and then seasoned the chicken thighs with salt and pepper and browned them in the pot. Did this in two batches and set the thighs aside while doing the rice.

Added the rice to the pot and sauteed it a bit, then added a 1/4 cup or so of the chicken broth to deglaze the bottom of the pot.

I then added the mustard, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, and the garlic seasoning along with the rest of the chicken broth. Mixed it up to blend the mustard in completely. Thn I added back the chicken, along with the accumulated juices.

Put the lid on and made sure the vent was set to sealed. Hit the manual button for 15 minutes and walked away.

OH MY GOODNESS!!

Talk about delicious! The brown rice was perfectly cooked and very saucy. The chicken was very tender and juicy. I will definitely be putting this on the permanent rotation. I also will be doing the recipe as originally written with potatoes when I get the chance.

Comments

her latest blog said…
Great Work! Thank u for wonderful information.

Popular Posts