Chocolate zucchini bread

Chocolate zucchini bread


I decided I needed to bake something and since I had shredded zucchini in the deep freeze, I would try zucchini bread. I found a recipe on one of my cooking lists hat sounded yummy that had chocolate in it. What can be more perfect!

I changed the recipe slightly, instead of the 2 squares of melted unsweetened chocolate I used 3 HEAPING table spoons of dutch processed cocoa.

OH YUM!!!!!!!!!!


Chocolate Zucchini Bread

3 eggs
1 cup oil
2 cups brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups grated zucchini
2 sqs. unsweetened chocolate, melted
4 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup nuts, chopped

Beat eggs well, add oil and brown sugar, mixing thoroughly. Add
vanilla, zucchini, and melted chocolate and beat well.

Mix dry ingredients together, then add to zucchini mixture by
spoonfuls, mixing well after each addition. Add nuts.

Bake in 2 8x4-inch loaf pans at 350 for 40-60 minutes. Cool bread in pans until it can be removed (10-15 min), then cool on rack.

Comments

Popular Posts