Preperations continue.

I've two pumpkin pies in the freezer, along with two ramekins of pumpkin pie filling. Since I am going gluten free and didn't feel like making GF pie crusts, decided regular store bought pie crusts for everyone else and crustless "pies" for me.

Just pulled the sweet potato casserole out of the oven. Once it cools I will put it in the freezer. I'll pull it out Wed night to thaw in the fridge, then Thursday I will heat it up in the microwave and then crisp the topping under the broiler once the turkey is out of the oven. Used Bob's Red Mill gluten free all purpose flour to replace the flour the recipe calls for.

Picked up a 24 lb bird and some inexpensive wine to shoot it up with. Picked up 2 packaged of Bob's Red Mill GF bread mix to make a couple of loaves for stuffing the turkey. I will make up a batch of dressing with regular bread for the hubby and the others so there will be plenty. Plus this will keep the bird and the drippings gluten free. I will use rice flour to make the gravy.

I've a ham for Wednesday dinner, so I'll have sliced ham for Thanksgiving to have a little more variety for dinner.

So, just need to pick up what I need for the green bean casserole on Wednesday and do that up on Wed night and then I can just pop it in the oven when the bird comes out to finish heating thru.

So things are falling into place and I am looking forward to an easy day of cooking on Thursday.

Comments

Popular Posts