Instant Pot Chicken Paprika with Mushrooms


Made a dish I used to make on the stove top in my IP last night and it turned out nicely. Chicken Paprika with mushrooms:
1 tablespoon oil
1/2 onion, diced
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb mushrooms (I use criminis), sliced
1 tablespoon sweet Hungarian paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup white wine or cooking sherry (optional)
8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2 cups chicken stock or water
2 cups sour cream
2 tablespoon flour
I use the 6qt Lux.
1. set to saute and add oil when it says HOT
2. add onions and stir until softened.
3 add garlic and saute until they give off their aroma
4. add mushrooms and stir until they have given off their liquid.
5. add salt, pepper and paprika and stir to coat onions, mushrooms and garlic.
6. add wine and deglaze the bottom of the pan (if not using wine, add some chicken stock or water to deglaze the pot).
7. layer chicken on top of mushrooms, onions, and garlic and pour the chicken stock or water over the top.
8. turn off saute and set the pot on manual for 12 minutes (my chicken thighs were still a bit frozen, so I went with 15 minutes).
9. when done let NPR for at least 10 minutes and then finish releasing the pressure.
10. while it is cooking, whisk the flour into the sour cream and set aside.
11. when done, pull out the chicken and set aside. Set the IP to saute and then add sour cream mixture once the liquid has started to boil. Whisk until smooth and allow to thicken. Add back the chicken and any juices.
12 Serve with rice or potatoes.
NOTES: I can my own chicken stock in pints, hence the 2 cups liquid. Mushrooms and chicken thighs give off quite a bit of liquid, so you can cut back on the stock to a cup if you prefer (I like LOTS of sauce). Paprika can be to taste (I like lots, so usually double it.
You can brown the chicken 1st. When browned set aside and then saute the onions, garlic and mushrooms.
I like to serve mine with rice and do it PIP. Last night we went with packet mashed potatoes.

Comments

Popular Posts